Your Voice to Improve Public Policy
Issues Mobilization provides members with the resources to become involved in the public advocacy of issues of significance to the real estate industry. Supported by voluntary contributions from SDR members, all funds raised go to support local/state issue campaigns.
Commitment to participating in the political and legislative processes of government secures a place for the REALTORS® Issues Mobilization Committee to effectively improve governmental decision making.
When we choose to support a particular issue, we are investing in the future direction of this country and in the laws enacted on the local, state and national levels. Learn more by viewing the committee’s bylaws.
There is no better way to ensure a vigorous and viable real estate industry than by contributing to the REALTORS® Issues Mobilization Committee. Protecting private property rights, preserving the American dream of home ownership, fighting for tax reforms and reducing onerous regulations on your business are the reasons it exists.
Committee funds are not used to support candidates but are used to support grassroots lobbying and educational efforts related to state and local issues that impact real property in South Dakota. The Committee seeks to improve public policy by encouraging and stimulating REALTORS® to take a more active part in the governmental process.
The South Dakota Issues Mobilization Committee has ten (10) Trustees who represent the ten (10) Local Boards of REALTORS®. They are always available to answer questions from the Local Boards and their members. Trustees serve for three year terms and meet during the regular business meetings held by the South Dakota Association of REALTORS®.
Protect your business. Pledge your commitment to the future of the real estate industry by contributing to the Issues Mobilization Fund today. It’s your best investment in real estate.Contribute via Mail
Issues Mobilization Committee Trustees
- Lorna Johnston, Aberdeen Area Association of REALTORS®(completing term of Alan Hoerth)
- Cheyenne McGriff, Black Hills Association of REALTORS®
- Nancee Johnson, Central Board of REALTORS®
- Alan Hess, East Central Board of REALTORS®
- Shawn Harvey, Huron Board of REALTORS®(completing term of Alan Hoerth)
- Lori Whitman, Median Association of REALTORS®
- Tyler Sutton Mitchell Board of REALTORS®
- Spencer Rossi, Mount Rushmore Area Association of REALTORS®
- Dorette Clark, Northeast South Dakota Association of REALTORS®
- Larry Luetke, REALTOR® Association of the Sioux Empire