Top 3 Reasons to Earn Your GRI
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been in the business a while or are just starting out. If you’re hungry for more success, it’s time to raise your real estate career to a higher level by earning the most comprehensive real estate designation: Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (“GRI”).
1. Gain comprehensive knowledge in:
- Sales Process: Business development, sales and marketing, customer and client services, and cultural diversity
- Legal and Regulatory: Fair housing and contracts
- Technology: Communications, general technology, and real estate business technology
- Professional Standards: NAR Code of Ethics and Standards, arbitration, and mediation
2. Build confidence — Past graduates consistently say they love their GRI because it gave them confidence in their own skills and credibility with clients—essential components for building a successful real estate career.
3. Impress consumers — With “Graduate, REALTOR® Institute” by your name, stand out in your market as an agent who takes advanced real estate education seriously. Upon completion, you will receive a link to a video you can share with potential clients highlighting the advantages of working with a GRI.
Need more reasons?
According to recent NAR Member profile information, the median income is higher for those with at least one designation.
How is the GRI different?
If you’re serious about boosting your income and career opportunities, take the GRI road to success. You’ll be recognized as a top-tier real estate professional.
In today’s competitive business environment, successful REALTORS® need the professional advantage that comes with cutting-edge education. The Graduate, REALTORS® Institute (GRI) designation is recognized nationwide as the gold standard for real estate educational achievement.
Also, according to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), Realtors who earn the GRI designation make more than $30,000 per year more on average than those without a GRI designation.
The South Dakota REALTOR® Institute Program curriculum consists of 10 courses that each student must complete successfully in order to earn the Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation. The courses are in a one day format and may be taken in any order. Students working towards the GRI designation have the added benefit of obtaining continuing education and/or post license credit through their coursework.
The SD REALTOR® Institute Program also accepts many other designation and certification courses as equivalencies toward your GRI designation.
All GRI Candidates are required to receive a minimum passing score of 70% on final exams for successful completion of the course module. After successfully passing the final exam, you will receive a Completion Letter with your exam score, amount of GRI credit received, and the amount of CE credit received and reported to the SD Real Estate Commission. You must retain a copy of each completion letter as proof of your successful completion of all required subject matter in the SD REALTOR® Institute Program. When all courses work has been successfully completed, the SD REALTOR® Institute application, along with the completion letters, must be sent to the SD REALTOR® office at PO Box 1175, Pierre, SD 57501.
For any questions, please contact the SD REALTORS office at 605-224-0554 or in-state toll free 1-800-227-5877.
Click Here for the GRI Packet about South Dakota’s GRI requirements.