At Home with Diversity
August 26, 2021 | 9:00am – 4:00pm CT/ 8:00am – 3:00pm MT
Instructor: Matthew Rathbun
Virtual Zoom Meeting Format
The At Home With Diversity® course is part of a comprehensive cultural diversity outreach program that will help real estate companies diversify their workplaces and improve the industry’s ability to serve culturally diverse consumers. NAR and HUD undertook a joint effort in 1998 to certify real estate professionals who are trained regarding cultural diversity and outreach and have made a commitment to a set of diversity principles. The training, built on the letter and spirit of the Fair Housing Act, provides participants with tools to build diversity outreach into their business plans to best serve a dynamic and growing market. This course is available to all professionals involved in the real estate transaction.
At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches REALTORS® how to work effectively with and within a rapidly changing multicultural market.
8 REQUIRED CE Hours. This course counts toward GRI 510 – Inclusion with Diversity, elective credits toward your ABR designation, RSPS Certification, CIPS Designation, 8 Elective credits towards CRS Designation, and credits towards NAR’s PMN Designation.
*To receive CE, your camera MUST BE on at all times per the South Dakota Real Estate Commission.
Zoom Best Practices for Attendees
- Double check your internet connection on your computer or mobile device. If you are having connection issues, if may be helpful to move closer to your wireless router. You can test your internet connection speed before the meeting at https://www.speedtest.net.
- Be sure to test your camera and mic on your computer at https://zoom.us/test. If your computer audio is weak, consider using wired headphones for optimum audio quality.
- Adjust your camera for best lighting and avoid backlighting by making sure there are no windows or bright white walls behind you. Webcams are often challenged by bright backgrounds, which means sitting in front of a window will likely result in your face being silhouetted.
- If you plan to attend your scheduled meetings on a mobile device, be sure to install the Zoom application on that device in advance. This will need to be done at least half an hour before the scheduled meeting. To download, head to https://zoom.us/download. Once on the Download Center landing page, scroll to “Zoom Client for Meetings” and click the blue “Download” button.
- If using a computer, go to https//zoom.us and click Join. Input the meeting ID that you receive via email. You will be asked to fill out “meeting registration”. This is only to verify you are in the meeting. This is how we monitor attendance that time has been fulfilled to receive credit.
- Keep your microphone muted at all times unless speaking. Before you speak, take a moment to introduce yourself. Once you are finished speaking, please remember to mute your microphone again.
- Make sure your laptop, tablet, or mobile device are plugged into a charger, so you don’t run low on battery during the meeting. Some meetings may be locked after they begin and you will not be allowed re-entry if you lose connection.
- If you would like more information on joining a meeting with Zoom—https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193
- If you are disconnected for any reason, you MUST call the SD REALTORS office at 605-224-0554 immediately. You are unable to start one day and finish the next. You must complete all 6 hours at one time