Only members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and the Canadian Real Estate Association can call themselves REALTORS®. And only REALTORS® are allowed to use the new .REALTOR domain. In a complicated online world, it doesn't get any easier to let prospects and clients know you adhere to our code of ethics and professionalism — and are a source they can trust.
Benefits of Membership in a REALTOR® Association
The REALTOR® symbol is your key to the wealth of resources, products and services available to you as a member of the REALTOR® organization. The Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS® is universally recognized as the measure of professionalism in real estate. Adherence to the Code is the first great bond between REALTORS® throughout the country, insuring high standards of professional conduct in serving the interest of your clients and customers.
Five Smart Reasons to Be a Member of the South Dakota Association of REALTORS®:
1. Resources you can use - The South Dakota Association of REALTORS® is equipped to handle your questions and calls for specialized help and industry information. No matter the on-the-job challenge you're facing, count on SDAR to respond quickly and aptly. SDAR has a wide variety of resources at its fingertips to help keep you current and competitive. And SDAR can even tap its members for extra expert advice.
2. Lifelong Learning Opportunities - No one can match SDAR's educational advantages. Through the REALTOR® Institute (GRI) and other workshops, seminars, and conferences, you have a special "pipeline" to new industry techniques and ideas.
3. Legislative and Regulatory Data - SDAR monitors governmental developments likely to affect the success - perhaps even the survival - of your company. Rely on SDAR to carefully track issues in the legislature, courts, and regulatory agencies, and then translate these complicated laws and regulations for you into understandable terms.
4. Connection to the real estate industry - When you're faced with job challenges unique to your industry, it's smart to talk and network with colleagues who've lived your experience. REALTOR® Associations hold the collective wisdom of members of all sizes and financial resources. Swap ideas and compare notes with fellow members at association events. Or even pursue ongoing friendships with mentors and counterparts alike.
5. Helps you create the future - Today there's no room for surprises in business. You have to be prepared for challenges to come so you can manage them. SDAR helps identify those challenges for members, and helps you anticipate and organize ways to overcome them. A variety of programs and services - both tangible and intangible - are working on your behalf. You need exposure to information, knowledge and resources in today's fast-paced world to be more successful as a real estate professional. When you wear the REALTOR® logo, you join over a million members of the local, state, and national family of real estate professionals in partnership. The South Dakota Association of REALTORS®, with its member base of approximately 1600, is committed to your success.